RE: DN "a published table" clarification

Well, I interpret it differently.

RFC2253, 2.3 says,

"If the AttributeType is in a published table of attribute types associated
with LDAP [4], ...".

I take that to mean the table is the entire reference [4], namely RFC2252.
Thus the names for all attributes defined in RFC2252 can be used.

The table in section 2.3 is introduced as,
 "As an example, strings for a few of the attribute types frequently seen in
RDNs include:"

The table is clearly identified as an example, not as an exhaustive list of
all allowed attribute names.