From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:Kurt@OpenLDAP.org]
Sent: Friday, 17 November 2000 13:05
To: Jim Sermersheim
Cc: Ron.Ramsay@ca.com; ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: When to not deref aliases

At 06:39 PM 11/16/00 -0700, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>Well, I don't think we can do that for v3. I'm just trying to get
clarification on whether we should explicitly state that alias dereferencing
does not happen for those three op's.

I assume this is in X.500 somewhere, but I believe aliases
should be dereferenced during processing of the search operation.
Other operations should act upon the alias, not the aliased object.