discussing structure rules

Section 4.7 (AddRequest) of RFC 2251 states: "Servers implementations SHOULD NOT restrict where entries can be located in the directory. Some servers MAY allow the administrator to restrict the classes of entries which can be added to the directory."

I believe this is telling the reader that while structure rules MAY be configured by an administrator and used by the server to determine allowable classes in the DIT hierarchy, Server implementations SHOULD NOT enforce any non-configurable structure rules. Am I right? If so, I'd like to clarify.

Jim