Re: Please review: LDAPv3 Data Model Definitions

The definition of Server only talks about LDAP servers. RFC 2251 sometimes uses this term to refer to something that could be an LDAP server, or could be any DSA. We should either change the definition in the defns doc, or call out each place in the protocol doc that uses the broader sense of the word. Which seems preferable?

Jim

>>> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> 11/6/00 11:39:40 AM >>>
I draw your attention to the following I-D:
  LDAPv3 Data Model Definitions
  draft-wahl-ldapv3-defns-00.txt

This I-D proposes a technical specification to update and/or
replace sections of RFC 2251 and RFC 2252.  I request you
review this I-D as a strawman proposal for LDAPbis work items.

Your comments are solicited.