RE: non-UTF8 string Substrings matching

Kurt,

There isn't a standard LDAP syntax for TeletexString so in the first
instance I would argue that the TeletexString substrings assertion
syntax is undefined rather than disallowed. Our server implementation
does support TeletexString as a syntax and, by analogy with the
teletexString choice in a DirectoryString, its string encoding is
the equivalent UTF-8 character string (the BER encoding is still
a regulation TeletexString). So in the second instance I would argue
that it is only the ;binary encoding of the TeletexString assertion
syntax that is not currently allowed (but ought to be, of course).

In my component matching rules draft I have continued the theme
by defining the LDAP string encoding of all the ASN.1 string types
(in the componentFilterMatch assertion syntax) to be UTF-8.
The actual ASN.1 string type only needs to come into play when
dealing with the binary encoding.

Regards,
Steven