Re: ;binary transfer of the binary syntax

Kurt,

My preference is that ";binary" is NOT required to be sent (nor should it be expected).  I would prefer to see "language" along the lines of:

whatever is sent in on the request is what will be returned (like attribute type alias names).  If the specific attribute type name is not specified, then the "no description" form is returned.  Thus, if

foo

is requested,  the response will contain

foo

If

foo;binary

is requested, the response will contain

foo;binary

If no attributes (i.e. all attributes), or "*" is requested, the response will contain

foo

(among others).  If

fooAliasName

is requested, the response will contain

fooAliasName

If

fooAliasName;binary

is requested, the response will contain

fooAliasName;binary

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

Sent by:        owner-ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org