Re: Fixing a multi-master divergence

--On Tuesday, September 04, 2012 12:12 PM +0200 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@gmail.com> wrote:

I did, of course.

However, just the number of issues isn't enough to distinguish between
corner-case and immediate issues. Given than I've been running ldap
server 2.4.19 in multi-master modes for years without effective problems,
I'm quite used to moderate the usual 'you should never run anything else
than the latest version otherwise everything will blow up' advice. Also,
I'm in a very low-concurrency setup, and I could easily make sure 99% of
write operations always apply on a single server.

This isn't the general "it is wisest to run the latest patch level" advice. If you read the changes, there are numerous, *significant* fixes to syncrepl in general (all of which affect syncrepl MMR) and ones specific to syncrepl MMR as well. You noted you had divergence in your database. I personally would want to do what I could to avoid such a state.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.