Re: Index Add Failures

--On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:27 AM -0400 Kyle Smith <alacer.cogitatus@gmail.com> wrote:

Good Morning All,

I receive events that mention "attribute memberUid index add failure".
What does this mean? Once I notice these events, I have to restart
slapd, as writes will not be performed and CPU usage hits 99%
continuously.  It seems to be associated with a high load, as our
semester just got underway and we are seeing an increase in logins and
searches (about 150-200 requests per minute). I am using the bdb
backend.

Specifications

OpenLDAP 2.4.28 and 2.4.26
4-way multi-master

If you are using MMR, you desperately need to upgrade your OpenLDAP Versions... aside from the error you are seeing is pretty typical from BDB if you have run out of locks, lockers, or locker objects. You should check out db_stat to see which resource you have run out of, and fix it accordingly.

You may with to read over <https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_Performance_Tuning#Berkeley_DB_DB_CONFIG_tuning>

Regards,
Quanah

Sr. Member of Technical Staff