Re: Performance of MDB and BDB Please suggest?

--On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:29 PM +0530 Yajuvendra Singh <yajuvendra.singh@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Experts,

Today we tried with to run the load with the below schema. We added about
.6M entries in the DB.
Still our performance is severely poor. (10 TPS)

Can anybody review our slapd.conf file and point us where we are wrong,
is there any other config we have missed out.

You don't provide any useful or relevant information, so it is impossible to help you.

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?
What type of disk?
What type of file system?
What is your *exact* slapadd command?
etc.

There is virtually no tuning involved with MDB, although I strongly recommend you read Howard's notes about the writeback bits for EXT4 etc he made in a recent post to -technical about MDB.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.