Re: How do I reset rootdn password?

Le samedi 04 fÃvrier 2012 Ã 15:02 -0700, Chris Jacobs a Ãcrit :
> Only if you move the slapd.d dir will the slapd.conf file be used.
>
> Read the admin guide, it's worth it.
>
> - chris

I did, however I am a little bit lost and need some extra guidance. So,
bottom line, the slapd.conf is useless in my case and ldapmodify cannot
be run because I don't know the former password. That's what I
understand for this discussion so far. My only choice is to scrap
everything and start over with a new fresh database using the slapd.conf
to create the new config database. That was my conclusion and I was
seeking if there was an alternate solution before proceeding.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Savard