From: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org <openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org>
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org <openldap-technical@openldap.org>
Sent: Sat Feb 04 15:00:19 2012
Subject: Re: How do I reset rootdn password?

Le samedi 04 février 2012 à 12:21 +0100, Michael Ströder a écrit :

> You edit it. You can generate a value with slappasswd.
>
> Depending on the configuration method you edit the text file slapd.conf or use
> ldapmodify to alter the value of attribute 'olcRootPW' in the accompanying
> database entry in cn=config.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

There is no slapd.conf file at this point. So, I did try to use
ldapmodify, however authentication is required to make this running and
this is the problem I am having, I don't have the rootpw.

Can I go back to slapd.conf and put a new password there and restart the
daemon? Will it modify the config database?

TIA

Daniel

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.