Re: Problem with overlay uniqe

> Ruud Baart wrote:
>> I use slapd 2.4.23 (debian package) with some overlays: syncprov, unique
>> and
>> valsort. I have a problem with the unique overlay.
>>
>> This is the unique constraint:
>> olcUniqueURI:
>> ldap://ou=Workstations,ou=Devices,dc=example,dc=com/?uid?sub
>
> This is not a valid LDAP URL. Probably this should be this LDAP URL with
> emtpy
> hostport part:
>
> ldap:///ou=Workstations,ou=Devices,dc=example,dc=com?uid?sub
>
> See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4516.txt for syntax of LDAP URLs.

Good catch; please note that the original URI was valid, but it meant

$ ./libraries/libldap/urltest
'ldap://ou=Workstations,ou=Devices,dc=example,dc=com/?uid?sub'
generic LDAP url
PROTO: ldap
HOST: ou=Workstations,ou=Devices,dc=example,dc=com
PORT: 389
ATTRS:
	uid
SCOPE: sub

This error would have been caught if unique_new_domain_uri() checked that
the host portion be empty, to indicate a local URI, as in many other
functionalities of OpenLDAP's slapd.  I suggest an ITS be filed to
strengthen misconfiguration detection.

p.