Re: dbd to hdb migration

Hi Dan,

I did this 2 days ago, and it's very easy to do.
First you stop the LDAP-server and do the slapcat thing to make a backup
of the DIT that is in your bdb.
Then you make a new entry in slapd.conf (or your cn=config) for hdb,
just like the entry you have for bdb. In slapd.conf you 'd also enter a
new path to your new hdb, maybe alongside the old bdb,
e.g. /usr/local/openldap/var/db/hdb.
In the global section of slapd.config, activate ModuleLoad back_hdb.la

Then make the new physical path to the new hdb directory, copy the
DB_CONFIG file into it and adjust ownership to the new directory tree
(ldap:ldap).

Start the LDAP-server again and do the slapadd thing to import the DIT
into your new hdb.

Regs, Kuba