Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.24?

Howard Chu wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>> Marco Pizzoli wrote:
>>> I would like to know if is there a plan to make a new release of OL in
>>> the following months.
>>
>> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/201012/msg00001.html
>>
>> There were some commits to CVS branch OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4 since then.
>> So help testing it:
>
> Not yet. Wait for the release engineer to announce a call for testing.
> The tree is still in flux.

Maybe I should have been more precise what "help testing" means for me:
Even if the CVS branch RE24 is subject of many modifications I see some
benefits to run "make test" on isolated systems and report back issues soon.
And IMO it would be worth if many people do this often on different platforms.
Especially because AFAIK there are no automated builds conducted so far.

Yes, testing in preparation to production use should be deferred until a
testing call.

Ciao, Michael.