Re: OID für caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch?

On Sep 2, 2010, at 12:38 AM, Keutel, Jochen wrote:

> Hello,
>  OpenLDAP 2.0 admin guide lists all 6 matching rules: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin20/schema.html .

Seems like a bug in the admin guide to me.

> So I was thinking that this matching rule has been standardized somewhere.

It hasn't been formally standardized, nor even formally specified.  That is, the rule is not formally registered.  See <http://www.iana.org/assignments/ldap-parameters>.   slapd(8) supports the caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch rule for historical reasons (because certain Experimental schema relied on it).

Use of IA5 in X.500/LDAP directory services should be avoided.  In general, one should use DirectoryString.  Any schema which is to be standardized should be appropriately internationalized in accordance with 'Best Current Practices', such as those governing standardization within the IETF.

-- Kurt