Re: About Installation

Am 02.09.2010 15:37, schrieb Murat Can Tuna:
    Hi again,

Sorry for that but I guess I found out the reason, was on lately versions, they just let you create
the base
cn=config database. Then any package will be able to create a database
from its maintainer scripts. Sorry for disturbing.

Hi,

On every ubuntu introduction there is written "The installation process will prompt you for the LDAP directory admin password and confirmation." But I don't get such a prompt. What am I missing? I logged in over ssh, could it be the reason? Is there any way to give my password manually? Also dpkg-reconfigure slapd doesn't bring something, it asks just 3 questions about ldapv2 protocol and so. But on my own computer at home there isn't such a problem, I installed and configured everything without any problem.

this is the version:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic