About Installation

Hi,

On every ubuntu introduction there is written "The installation process will prompt you for the LDAP directory admin password and confirmation." But I don't get such a prompt. What am I missing? I logged in over ssh, could it be the reason? Is there any way to give my password manually? Also dpkg-reconfigure slapd doesn't bring something, it asks just 3 questions about ldapv2 protocol and so. But on my own computer at home there isn't such a problem, I installed and configured everything without any problem.

this is the version:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=karmic