RE: Syncrepl - ldap_bind: Invalid credentials error

--On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 3:25 PM +0100 "Gocher, Mark" <Mark.Gocher.1@city.ac.uk> wrote:

Further research in the archives reveals that this is not an error, it
just means that it was looking for the index of a value that doesn't
exist in the DB.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201005/msg00011.html

I can see that the servers are talking to each other. I can see db files
in the consumer's accesslog directory, but an ldap search on the consumer
fails with:

ldap_search: No such object

Further logging reveals it can't find the main suffix laid out in
slapd.conf dc=city,dc=ac,dc=uk

=> bdb_dn2id("dc=city,dc=ac,dc=uk")
<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
(-30988)

I thought this would be automatically added from the conf file and also
contained in the data replicated from the consumer. Can someone point out
my (probably obvious) mistake?

Your first mistake is to keep thinking codes you see reported are errors. Since it hasn't yet replicated anything from the master, how would the entry exist?

My guess would be that it set a cookie while your configs were incorrect, so it has no "knowledge" that it needs to update to anything later. Again, I would advise you to load the replica from the master via a slapadd. If not, man slapd, and reset the replication cookie as noted in the man page with the -c flag.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc