From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: 02 June 2010 16:29
To: Gocher, Mark; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: Syncrepl - ldap_bind: Invalid credentials error

--On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:07 PM +0100 "Gocher, Mark"
<Mark.Gocher.1@city.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response. I found that I had created replicator
> as a uid on one server and a cn on the other. I then changed my dn
> password to SSHA and the consumer can now talk to the provider.
>
> I found, however, that no content was being provided to the consumer. I'm
> not sure if the error was already there or was caused by something I just
> "fixed", but when I start my provider db I get this error:
>
> bdb_search_candidates: id=0 first=0 last=0
> hdb_search: no candidates
> send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
> send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""

I don't see any error here.  What I see is that there are currently no
contents in the accesslog database, or that there are no new changes to the
accesslog DB since the last changes were made.  But still, no evidence of
any error other than configuration, or normal operating behavior.

Have you loaded the consumer with a slapcat of the master via slapadd?

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc