Re: integrate motd on openldap

Alejandro Feijoo Fraga wrote:
> Hi.
>
> i have a large number of users... from diferent language
> (spanish,english,etc...) all under the same ldap directory and i need
> change de /etc/motd if user speak spanish or english.
>
> I not found info if ldap can do that, i think put a new entry at ldap
> (like lenguage:es/en/ga/..) and de /etc/bashrc or similar make a if and
> compare that entry...
>
> any diferent idea? or any method more easy?
>
> thanks!

Hello Alejandro,

same thing came to my mind. You can use attribute 'preferedLanguage' and
then modify each users (well, create template and copy it over) .profile
with shell script invoking % ldapsearch; (or something like that) and
'case' control structure for language on which basis will be eg.
'/etc/motd.de' cat-ed.
I'd leave '/etc/motd' empty.
I've found nothing on ldap+motd in the way you want, but don't take my
word for it.

So much for very quick solution [confirmation].

Hope it helps,
Zdenek

--
Zdenek Styblik