RE: SASL LDAP binding over IPv6

On second thoughts, Service Principal Name should only correspond to hostname, not numerical address, be it IPv4 or IPv6, right? And since ldapsearch works well with SASL over IPv4 address, the SPN should exist, right?

I am lost here...

By the way, if I am using Mozilla LDAP C SDK to implement SASL binding, should I also bracket the IPv6 address, which will be passed to prldap_init()? I know it is a little off-topic here, but...

Hope you can help me further,
Xu Qiang