Re: Custom Schema

Hi,

openLDAP a écrit :
> I am quite new to OpenLDAP and cannot seem resolve why slapd does not
> start when I add a custom schema. Nothing appears in syslog and  the
> following appears when I try to start it:
>
> root@control:/etc/ldap# sudo slapd -d acl
> @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.7 (Apr 29 2008 08:44:27) $
> 	buildd@rothera:/build/buildd/openldap2.3-2.4.7/debian/build/servers/slapd
> AttributeTypeDescription = "(" whsp
>   numericoid whsp      ; AttributeType identifier
>   [ "NAME" qdescrs ]             ; name used in AttributeType
>   [ "DESC" qdstring ]            ; description
>   [ "OBSOLETE" whsp ]
>   [ "SUP" woid ]                 ; derived from this other
>                                    ; AttributeType
>   [ "EQUALITY" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "ORDERING" woid ]            ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SUBSTR" woid ]              ; Matching Rule name
>   [ "SYNTAX" whsp noidlen whsp ] ; see section 4.3
>   [ "SINGLE-VALUE" whsp ]        ; default multi-valued
>   [ "COLLECTIVE" whsp ]          ; default not collective
>   [ "NO-USER-MODIFICATION" whsp ]; default user modifiable
>   [ "USAGE" whsp AttributeUsage ]; default userApplications
>                                    ; userApplications
>                                    ; directoryOperation
>                                    ; distributedOperation
>                                    ; dSAOperation
>   whsp ")"
> slapd stopped.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction to resolving this
> type of error?

It looks like your custom schema declaration isn't quite right. To find
out more, I suggest you use the 'config' debug level: slapd -d 64

That should provide lots of information on configuration file
processing, including schemas.

Regards,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
Tél: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com