Re: max open files

On 3/18/10 3:36 PM, Alex McKenzie wrote:

Again:  this is a decision the development team made.  It's not because
it's free, it's because they chose one particular mode of development.
I'm not saying it's wrong, necessarily, but it drives a lot of people --
like me -- to look for alternatives.  Right now, the system pretty much
works, despite the fact that I'm using and older version
(2.4.7-6Ubuntu3).  The problem, for me, is that if I write to this list
with a problem, I'll be told no one can help me unless I rebuild from
scratch.  So far, it's been easier to work around problems or look for
help in the Ubuntu forums.
I don't see whay you should blame the OpenLDAP developpers if Ubuntu/RH/Suse/Whateverix don't provide updated packages...

Or may be they just need people to compile and test the latest packages to add them in their distro.

You can volunteer, of course.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,