Re: Do we need Berkeley DB's Concurrent Data Store for Concurrency in OpenLDAP

dfas dfas wrote:
Hi,

I am currently looking to implement an OpenLDAP solution with a BDB
backend
that needs to support concurrent access by multiple users. As there are
different flavours of the Berkeley DB available, can I just ask if we need to
purchase the Concurrent Data Store version of Berkeley DB or can I just stay
with the Data Store version?

I ask this because OpenLDAP already has its own concurrency support and I
was just wondering if this implies that OpenLDAP will ensure that BDB will
only be accessed thru a single thread of control?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OpenLDAP uses BerkeleyDB's Transactional Data Store.

--
  -- Howard Chu