Re: Debugging a module

--On Friday, September 18, 2009 2:13 PM -0400 Ryan Steele <ryans@aweber.com> wrote:

This filter doesn't look right. Try
"(member=uid=user1,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com)"

Thanks for the advice - I think you're right about filtering on the
'member' attribute.  However, doing so still returns the entire list, not
the individual member I'm filtering for.  E.g., the same results as:

ldapsearch -x -w SECRET -D "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" -b
"cn=testgroup,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com" -LLL '(member=*)'

Ryan,

This is how filters work in LDAP. It sounds to me like things are working correctly. I.e., if I search for "objectClass=joe" objectClass, it will return every entry that has an objectClass value of joe, and all the values for objectClass.

If I search for "(member=uid=user1,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com)", it will return to me every group that has a member attribute matching that value.

I see nothing wrong in the behavior here, just in the understanding of how filters work. Let me know if you have further questions.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer