Re: slapd consumer deletes entries

--On Friday, September 18, 2009 7:37 PM +0100 Tony Smith <tony.smith.124@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Hi Tony,

This is due to a common mistake of using "attrs=*", which removes the operational attributes that syncrepl uses to track changes. I really wish I knew where people got this from, because 99.999999% of the time you do not want to use this value. You should not specify the attrs= line at all in a syncrepl configuration unless you really really need to limit replication in some way. If you want to keep the attrs line, change it to attrs="*,+" so that all attributes are replicated.

 syncrepl rid=001
        provider=ldaps://ldap-provider.example.com:636
        type=refreshAndPersist
        retry="5 5 300 +"
        searchbase="dc=example,dc=com"
        filter="(objectClass=*)"