Re: mysterious segfault

Jason Dusek wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati<ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
Jason Dusek wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati<ando@sys-net.it> wrote:
Jason Dusek wrote:
I've added two seemingly innocuous lines to my LDAP
configuration...
...the culprit is mucking with files.
  Okay, hold on right there. How am I supposed to configure
  these directives if not by "mucking" with files?
using an LDAP modify operation.

Silly me. I hope the documentation will describe syncrepl configuration via LDIF, someday.

You're asking for the wrong thing. The documentation describes how to configure slapd using LDAP. Whether you use LDIF to represent the LDAP operations or not is irrelevant. Whether slapd uses LDIF internally to represent the config database is irrelevant. If we had used BDB to store the config database you wouldn't ever have even dreamed of mucking with the files, would you?

It is LDAP-based configuration, *NOT* "LDIF-based" configuration. That means you treat the configuration like any other database and use ldapadd/modify/search etc. to operate on it.

--
  -- Howard Chu