Recording the Last Successful Authorization

I was wondering if there is any way to configure OpenLDAP to record the last time an account was successfully authorized?  We need to be able to prune accounts after a period of inactivity, but there's no way right now to know if they user has been active or not.  We can't base it on the last time they connected to a shell because not everyone uses shells; some people just authenticate to POP their e-mail or log into a web page.  If there was some way to maintain a time stamp of the last time that that a user successfully authenticated (by way of an LDAP bind to the LDAP server) that would solve this problem.

Thanks!

Tim Gustafson
SOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz