Re: Resetting entryCSN and timestamps

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:40:45 +0200, Mathieu MILLET <ldap@htam.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to make changes on the entryCSN
> and/or Timestamps ? I know they are operational attributes and I can't
> modify them through LDAP.
>
> I see one useful interest to this is if I want to restore the content of
> directory and considered this content as autoritative in a mutli-master
> replication environment.
>
> For now, my main concerns are headaches with playing OpenLdap replication
> between  virtual machines (and the "special" time management). And I
would
> like to reset some of the CSN/Timestamps.
>
> I have for example a lot of messages : dn_callback : new entry is older
> than ours cn=schema,cn=config
>
> Does anybody have any idea how to do that ?
>
> I'm running OpenLDAP 2.4.11 from sources.
>
> Thank you in advance for any answer,
> Sincerely yours, Mathieu MILLET.

To complete to my situation I have followed the admin Guide to enable
Multi-master replication.

I have a question :

Since you "push" the configuration to activate the replication on the 1st
consumer after the master, some entries on 1st consumer are fresher than
the one on the Master, such as olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config or
olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config.

Is there a way not to keep these messages saying than the "new entry is
older than ours" ?

Thanks in advance for any answer ?

--
Mathieu MILLET