Re: syncrepl failure logs/configuring alias deref

Paul B. Henson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

There appears to be three ways to define configuration: the global
configuration file, a configuration file in the home directory, or an
environment variable.
[...]
You can use LDAPCONF=/path/to/specific/ldap.conf to force slapd to use a
specific ldap.conf file.  You could even use LDAPNOINIT=1 to disable
initializing from the ldap.conf mechanism.

I would include that in the "environment variable" bucket, no?

Yes. My point is: why doesn't this work for you? What other method would you suggest? The fact that a client needs alias dereferencing set globally to work to me seems to be broken, and does not deserve to require breaking the rest of the system. You should rather work at providing __that__ client a specific ldap.conf, without breaking the rest of the system.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309