Re: syncrepl failure logs/configuring alias deref

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

> Just adding "packets" to your debug level would have given you readable
> packet logs, without having to compromise security by disabling TLS.

I actually had all debugging enabled, which was perhaps was too much and
resulted in my missing that information.

> If you want suggestions to actually get acted on, submit an ITS.

Done.

> > There appears to be three ways to define configuration: the global
> > configuration file, a configuration file in the home directory, or an
> > environment variable.
>
> Re-read ldap.conf(5). There are other choices as well.

The only other choice I see is an "ldaprc" file in the current working
directory, which also will not work for me because both slapd and the
automounter process both have a working directory of /. Is there a fourth
option I missed? As I said, ideally I would like a configuration mechanism
that does not require me to change bits of the operating system (such as
/etc/init.d/slapd).

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/