Re: overlay rwm crashing server

--On Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:56 AM +0200 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

"overlay XXXX" is a database specific directive, i.e., it is not allowed
globally.  See slapd.conf(5).

Overlays can be used globally, unless a specific overlay implementation is designed to disallow this feature. Usually, slapo-rwm(5) and slapd-meta(5) do not work well together, since slapd-meta(5) provides built-in rewrite capabilities. The issue is definitely worth debugging. I suggest an ITS be filed.

I'll file a doc ITS then as well, since the overlay directive is listed in slapd.conf(5) as being database specific.

slapd.overlays(5) also doesn't note which are global vs db only.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer