Re: overlay rwm crashing server

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:04 PM -0700 Eric <ef87@yahoo.com> wrote:

The error can be avoided by either 1.) removing the "overlay rwm" from
slapd.conf, 2.) move "overlay rwm" below a second database definition,
3.) use "map attribute" in the "database meta" section to select only
certain attributes.

I would certainly like the two to work together in order to perform
rewrites at a global level (and not have to configure my slapd.conf to
work around a server crash).

"overlay XXXX" is a database specific directive, i.e., it is not allowed globally. See slapd.conf(5).

Overlays can be used globally, unless a specific overlay implementation is designed to disallow this feature. Usually, slapo-rwm(5) and slapd-meta(5) do not work well together, since slapd-meta(5) provides built-in rewrite capabilities. The issue is definitely worth debugging. I suggest an ITS be filed.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309