Re: What happens to the old data if rebuilt?

> What happens to the data in current LDAP,if I rebuild it and install it
> again?

Most likely it will still be in the database and openldap will still
use it. For me that is at /var/lib/openldap-data
This is unless you are deleting the old system with your reinstall.

You probably want to make a backup of your data.

slapcat > backup.ldif

> Should I create all the users again?

No. If you did not change db versions or wipe your disk the data
should be there. If you did make a major change in db version you it
probably will find it better to restore the  backup.

slapadd -l backup.ldif

John

John