Re: syncrepl with x509 certificates

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:20:49PM +0100, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:12:33AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> >> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

[snip]
> > I am trying to find out if it is possible to use a different
certificate
> > for the syncrepl process, but I can't find it. Maybe its in saslmech
> > option.
>
> You may use the sasl external mechanism and create a certificate with
> a DN matching the bindDN (although you don't have to define a binddn).
Yep I have this setup. Seems like there is a bit of difference between 2.3 and
2.4. I am on Debian etch, which is currently on 2.3.  In 2.4 there are
provisions to specify the cert actually used for the syncrepl connection!
This doesn't seem to be possible in 2.3

--
"There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me."

	- George W. Bush
06/09/2000
Wilton, CN
on the coming Social Security crisis