Re: syncrepl with x509 certificates

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 06:12:33AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
>
> > > a) a way to specify another certificate to use in the syncrepl config
> > In OpenLDAP 2.4, yes. Read the manpage.
>
> With 2.3, if a different cn is needed for the ldaps server and the
> syncrepl client, a certificate with subjectAltName may help.
its not the name.

There seems to be 2 scenario's that a cert is used,

1) as a server to verify that you have connected to the right machine and to
ensure you packets are encrypted.  This requires a certificate with purpose SSL
Server
2) as a client when a ldap server in a syncrepl setup is talking to the master
server. This requires a certificate with purpose SSL Client.

I am trying to find out if it is possible to use a different certificate for
the syncrepl process, but I can't find it. Maybe its in saslmech option.

Alex

--
"The singers all loathe the sight of one another, the chorus despises the
singers, they both hate the orchestra, and everyone fears the conductor;