Re: syncrepl LDIF kickstart file

> Scott Classen wrote:
> > Hello openldap community,
> >
> > I have openldap 2.4.6 running on 2 machines.
> >
> > one master server with a BDB database acting as the syncrepl
> provider (the
> syncrep[l overlay has been added to the database configuration
> directive).>
> > I now have set up a second machine also running openldap 2.4.6
> and I've
> > been
> playing around with it trying to get it to act as a syncrepl consumer.
> >
> > I remember reading somewhere in the openldap documentation that
> it should
> > be
> fairly straight forward with a simple 10-12 line LDIF file to get
> the synrepl
> consumer synched up with the provider.
> >
> > Can someone please post an example of such a simple kickstart file?
> > Thanks ^6,
>
> Sounds vaguely like you want this
> (from <A HREF="http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/LDAPcon2007s.pdf"; target="l">http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/LDAPcon2007s.pdf</A> page 20)
>
> ###
> dn: cn=config
> objectclass: olcglobal
> cn: config
>
> dn: olcdatabase={0}config,cn=config
> objectclass: olcdatabaseconfig
> olcdatabase: {0}config
> olcsyncrepl: rid=001 provider=$URI binddn="cn=config"
> bindmethod=simple&nbsp;&nbsp; credentials=$CONFIGPW searchbase="cn=config"
> type=refreshOnly&nbsp;&nbsp; interval=00:00:00:10
> ###
>
> Slapadding this will fully initialize a new server if you point it
> at an
> existing provider, but of course you need to have the syncprov
> overlay
> configured on the config database of the provider.
>
> See test049 in the test suite for a more detailed example.

Yes, that is what I am interested in.

I added the syncprov overlay to the cn=config directive on the PROVIDER as such:

cn=config
   olcDatabase={0}config
      olcOverlay={0}syncprov

Now on a brand new CONSUMER machine I created the following LDIF file (sync-seed.ldif):

dn: cn=config
objectClass: olcGlobal
cn: config

dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: {0}config
olcRootDN: cn=ldapadmin,cn=config
olcRootPW: {SSHA}mysoopersecretpasswd
olcsyncrepl: rid=001 provider=ldap://my.provider.machine binddn="cn=ldapadmin,cn=config" bindmethod=simple
   credentials=secret searchbase="cn=config" type=refreshOnly
   interval=00:00:00:10

I then put the file in my openldap dir and cd there:
cd /usr/local/etc/openldap
mkdir slapd.d
slapadd -b "cn=config" -F slapd.d -l sync-seed.ldif

all is OK

I then start slapd:
/usr/sbin/slapd -d 256
slapd starting
syncrepl_message_to_entry: rid=001 mods check (olcDbConfig: value #6 provided more than once)
do_syncrepl: rid=001 quitting

Hmmm what have I done wrong?

Thanks,
Scott