Re: lCould not parse line... slapadd

Naufal Sheikh wrote:
> I am sorry I did not get you. You want me to post the whole ldiff file
> or the output of slapadd using the debug switch.  Below is the last
> line of slapadd output when run with debug switch.

I meant: only the entry that ends at the line reported in the error
message issued by slapadd.

> str2entry: entry -1 has multiple DNs "o=trac" and "cn=Administrators,o=trac"
> slapadd: could not parse entry (line=1344465).

Sounds odd.  You didn't report what version of OpenLDAP software you're
using; assuming a recent 2.3, it seems that two consecutive entries are
not separated by a blank line, thus resulting in "dn:" appearing twice...

> Tha last enttry of ldiff file is :
>
> #id=0000b263
> dn: uid=larry4372,o=trac
> subscribedate: 2007-09-27 11:20
> sn: Stern
> uid: larry4372
> tracfedquota: 20000
> mail: lmstern@verizon.net
> lastModifiedTime: 2007-09-27 11:20
> maxqueries: 20
> affiliation: lawyer
> clientorg: lawyer
> sitemaxusers: 1
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: tracperson
> telephoneNumber: 212-925-6863
> termsagree: 1
> lastModifiedBy: larry4372
> middlename:: IA==
> cn: Lawrence Stern
> userPassword:: Nzg5OQ==
> regsite: WEB
> postalAddress: $$$
> givenName: Lawrence
> clearpassword: 7899
> mailPreferenceOption: 1
> regdate: 2007-09-27 11:20
> structuralObjectClass: tracperson
> entryUUID: dc5ec5a6-0158-102c-976b-9052d08550b0
> creatorsName: cn=nsadmin
> createTimestamp: 20070927152001Z
> entryCSN: 20070927152001Z#000001#00#000000
> modifiersName: cn=nsadmin
> modifyTimestamp: 20070927152001Z

... but the entry above has neither of the two DNs reported by the error
message.  Assuming your naming context is "o=trac" and your LDIF starts
with the suffix entry "o=trac" and the second entry is
"cn=Administrators,o=trac", I suspect your file has no blanks at all
separating entries (or slapadd for any reason misinterprets them; e.g.
'\r\n'?), and the error is reported at line 1344465 but it actually
occurs much earlier.  Of course, assuming the crystal ball I just
borrowed from Raphael works...

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team