Re: Automatic referral chasing

<quote who="Pierangelo Masarati">
> Gavin Henry wrote:
>
>> Removed and link above updated.
>
> I have more comments :).  It would be worth stressing that the client
> will be notified about a successful modification as soon as the producer
> replies to the consumer's chain overlay.  But there might be a time lag
> between the success notification to the client and the successful
> completion of the replication, if ever, so an immediate lookup at the
> consumer's side of the data whose modification was successfully notified
> could result in a temporary inconsistency, until replication is over.

I'll discuss this in the replication section when I organise the section
better.

I'll also mention the overlay somehow in the firewall section, as a client
could be blocked trying to handle referrals, so we can advise to use this
technique instead. Pretty handy, as you can then hide your master
anywhere!