Re: running DB on different machine than slapd

Kelly, Terence P wrote:
> For a variety of reasons I would like to run
> the back-end database beneath slapd on a
> different machine than slapd.
>
> This appears to be difficult using the Berkeley
> DB.
>
> Can anyone offer suggestions on how to run
> slapd and the database --- any database ---
> on separate machines?

Stated like this, it sounds a bit odd.  You could run the real slapd
where the database is going to be physically stored, and a proxy
(back-ldap, back-meta) on the machine the clients are supposed to contact.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.