Re: successful ldapsearch -- need to turn it into a working slapd configuration for an LDAP proxy

On 8/23/07, Pierangelo Masarati <> wrote:
> DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
>
> > idassert-bind bindmethod=simple
> >       binddn="cn=LDAP-proxy,ou=Service Accounts,dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=com"
> >       credentials="{SHA}Ww4fMMtpcdtvJKh2wyC8t/3gu7E="
> >       mode=self
> >       flags=non-prescriptive
>
> If you use simple bind, credentials need to go in cleartext.
>
> p.
>

> Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
> OpenLDAP Core Team
>
> SysNet s.r.l.
> via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
> http://www.sys-net.it
> ---------------------------------------
> Office:  +39 02 23998309
> Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
> Email:   pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it
> ---------------------------------------

Thanks for the tip.  I made the change and I am still getting the same
basic error.
It does not think there is a successful bind and won't honor my search request.

Also, if there is a really good book I can buy that will help figure
out the intricacies of OpenLDAP, please recommend it.
I understand LDAP and I have managed a couple of different
Directory-type products that are LDAP-based (Windows NT domain,
Microsoft Active Directory, CA eTrust Directory).  This is my first
foray into OpenLDAP and, so far, I don't understand it.  And that's
frustrating.

Thanks again for your patience,

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese