Re: preserve value order with referential integrity overlay?

--On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:02 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:07 AM +0800 Zhang Weiwu
<zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:

Thanks. I already read a bit about valsort before I posed the original
message, I think you mean to re-format the values like this:

nationality: 1 DE
nationality: 2 CN

I think it really should work for me except I am going to need ordered
values in DN syntax

companyRepresentative: 1 cn=John,...
companyRepresentative: 2 cn=Paul,...

I am not sure if I can re-format string representation of DN (likely
not) so I'd try Chu's solution first to see if it works.

I think you don't understand how valsort works.

Although for the attribute being used by valsort, it'd probably have to be something other than DN syntax, although the client querying it wouldn't have to know that (just to note). Not sure how that may or may not affect matching rules. But the point is to the client, unless it exerts the control, it doesn't see the weights, just ordered results.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer