Re: multiple password policies

Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack@terra.com.br> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 04:30:00PM +0200, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am using ppolicy overlay control password policy. Now I would like
>> to define 3 different policies as policyDN.
>> In slapd.conf one can only define a defaultDN, how can  a policyDN
>> declared in an entry? Or is editing the operational attribute
>> pwdPolicySubentray with relax control the only way?
>
> You just set pwdPolicySubentry of the entry to the DN of the policy you
> want to enforce for that particular entry. What do you mean by "relax
> control"?

The attribute is a operational attribute with NO-USER-Modification,

(  1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.8.1.23
              NAME 'pwdPolicySubentry'
              DESC 'The pwdPolicy subentry in effect for
                  this object'
              EQUALITY distinguishedNameMatch
              SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12
              SINGLE-VALUE
              NO-USER-MODIFICATION
              USAGE directoryOperation)

for relax see draft-zeilenga-ldap-relax.txt
Relax in fact replaces manageDIT control.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://www.dkluenter.de