Re: ldap_result takes time to indicate that there are no more result.

Dmitri Priimak wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I have a question about ldap_result. I use openldap-2.3.32. It is my
> understanding that this function (ldap_result) is
> used in a loop until no more results are coming from the servers. Am I
> right about it? The problem I have is that the
> last time it is calle it hangs there for a while and finally returns
> null LDAPMessage and -1 return value. I am talking
> here about 10-15 seconds. Is it normal that it takes that long? I would
> expect it to be pretty much instantaneous.

It waits for the server to send a response message that concludes the
operation.  If it does not return immediately, it is likely because the
server is not sending any, so it is unlikely the client library is to be
blamed.  Feel free to abandon the operation as soon as you know that no
more results are coming, or make sure the server gently ends the
operation by sending the response message.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.