Re: Error: Objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax

well...nothing seems to be working out :(

as per ur reply..in the below snippet

objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.28186.2.3
 NAME 'ssauser'
 DESC 'SSA User'
 SUP ssabase STRUCTURAL
 MAY( telephonenumber $ title $ mobile $ displayname $
  facsimiletelephonenumber $ preferredlanguage $ postaladdress $ c ) )

objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.28186.2.6
 NAME 'ssantuser'
 DESC 'SSA NT User Profile'
 SUP top STRUCTURAL
 MUST ntuserdomainid )

..ssabase objectclass comes from top.....so v can say that both the object classes come from same objectclass chain.

As i have asked previously.....is there any config or property file where we need to configure our OIDs..coz there should be some place from where the server picks them up for checking.

and to summarise......

1. I have created my own schema file...by giving them proper OIDs(which i received from     IANA).
2. I included my schema file in slapd.conf along with other schema file.
3. I restarted the server.
4.I ran my ldif file.

but still i get the error "object class #1 invalid syntax".................
let me know if im missing something,
eagerly waiting for the reply
shilpa

On 3/17/07, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
"shilpa muramkar" <ratnashilpa@gmail.com> writes:

> hey thr....the extract i have given u is just a part of my schema......i do
> have all the objectclasses in the schema file...and i have included in the
> slapd.conf ..........and i have also restarted the server...
>

> all my data is ldifs is getting added except for this one
>

> dn: uid=admin,ou=ssausers,dc=ssainternal,dc=net
> changetype: add
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: ssauser
> objectClass: ssantuser
> uid: admin
> cn: admin
> userpassword: admin
> ssarole: administrator
> ssarole: superadministrator
> sn: admin
> preferredlanguage: en_US
> ntuserdomainid: ssainternal
>
> thats why i thought must be there is some problem with the object classes
> mentioned in this entry......i do have those in my schema......
>
> objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.28186.2.3
> NAME 'ssauser'
> DESC 'SSA User'
> SUP ssabase STRUCTURAL
> MAY( telephonenumber $ title $ mobile $ displayname $
> facsimiletelephonenumber $ preferredlanguage $ postaladdress $ c ) )
>
> objectclass( 1.3.6.1.4.1.28186.2.6
> NAME 'ssantuser'
> DESC 'SSA NT User Profile'
> SUP top STRUCTURAL
> MUST ntuserdomainid )

As both of your object classes ssauser and ssantuser are defined as
structural and do not belong to the same objectclass chain, an entry
cannot belong to both object classes.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung