Re: Documentation

On Wed Mar 14 2007 at 06:04:19 CET, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> But the majority of "How-To" documents I've found via google are just
> flat-out *wrong*.

"How-To" documents are like copying from a class mate; you copy the
mistakes as well. The majority of How-Tos I've come across might have been
right at some point in time, but that expires very quickly. Unfortunately,
the documents don't expire over time (i.e. they are still available)
which, IMHO, makes beginner's lives even more difficult, as they use
new software with old (and meanwhile incorrect) documentation.

I'd think How-Tos are here to stay, as many aren't interested in learning
about the software but are only interested in getting it up and limping
quickly.

	-JP