RE: LDAP/BDB log purging

Quanah wrote regarding DBD patches on Debian:
> Interesting... Did they say if they were included in later releases?

I wasn't 100% sure which release he was referring to since he didn't say,
and I probably didn't phrase my original question as clearly as I could
have. But I asked another question about future plans and got a reply that
pretty much answers that one:

Clint Adams wrote:
> Sent: Thursday, 1 March 2007 3:16 p.m.
> To: Lesley Walker
> Cc: pkg-db-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Pkg-db-devel] Db4.2 patch query
>
> > Thanks for the quick answer!
> >
> > Are you planning to incorporate the later ones at some stage?
>
> As far as I am aware, there are no firm plans either way.  Chances of
> them getting into sarge are infinitesimal.  For etch, there is a
> possibility, at the discretion of the release managers, assuming
> release-critical bugs are filed.  For lenny, we will either drop db4.2
> entirely or apply the patches.
>
> Please file bugs regarding the deficiencies that would be corrected
> by the application of the missing patches, if you wish to facilitate
> this process.
>
> If you are unfamiliar with the bug reporting process, see
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
>
> If you have a use case which exposes the data loss corrected by
> the patch, list it and set the severity according to
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
>
> Hope this helps.

I replied that if I could pin down any specific problems I would file bug a
report, but it probably makes more sense to move forward to 4.4.

--
Lesley Walker
Linux Systems Administrator