RE: LDAP/BDB log purging

> >> I would have to investigate that. We're running the Debian packaged
> >> version 4.2.52-18. I'm guessing possibly not.

I asked the Debian BDB maintainers, and the answer is copied below.

> The version of BDB in Debian is currently 4.2.52-24.  BDB
> 4.2.52-18 is part of Sarge.  Sarge ships with OpenLDAP 2.2.23,
> which is a very old release of
> OpenLDAP, and there were some bugs fixed with checkpointing and open
> transactions *after* that release.  So that may be the issue you are
> hitting.  Are you *sure* you are running OpenLDAP 2.3.32 on
> those boxes?

Yes, I built it myself, and included the sync logging patch that Aaron
Richton kindly pointed me to back in January.

We build most of our critical apps (OpenLDAP, Samba, Apache and a few
others) but BDB isn't on that list.

Reply from Debian maintainers re the BDB patches:

Clint Adams wrote:
> Sent: Wednesday, 28 February 2007 5:11 p.m.
> To: Lesley Walker
> Cc: pkg-db-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: [Pkg-db-devel] Db4.2 patch query
>
> > Can you confirm/deny that all 5 of the patches listed at
> > the following URL
> > have been incorporated into the Debian build?
>
> I can confirm that patches #1 and #2 have, and that #4 and #5
> have NOT.

The URL I gave was
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/db/update/4.2.52/patch
.4.2.52.html