Re: Reg openLDAP config

"shilpa muramkar" <ratnashilpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi:
>
>  We have a business case, wherein we need to add User Defined ObjectClasses
> and Attributes to OpenLDAP programmatically/dynamically using Java.
>
> We have an application which was written in Java uses Netscape LDAP SDK (V3
> Supported) to add ObjectClasses and Attributes to Sun One Directory
> Server. Now we need to extend our application to support OpenLDAP.
>
> Our assumption was, Since Netscape LDAP SDK supports V3 Protocol the
> application should seamlessly work with any Directory Server which supports V3
> Protocol (Correct me if I am wrong); but our applications is failing to create
> User Defined ObjectClasses and Attributes to OpenLDAP. We have also tried
> creating the ObjectClasses and Attributes using LDIF files and got the same
> error.

Your assumption was not correct, there is no requirement in RFC-4511
and RFC4512

> The Error what we have got:
>
> ldap_modify: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
>
>         additional info: modification of subschema subentry not supported
>

> Sample LDIF file what we had run:
>
> version:1
>
> #Usage Eg: ldapmodify.exe -v -F -h localhost -p 389 -x -D "cn=Directory
> manager,dc=company,dc=net" -w password123 -f D: \sample.ldif
>

> # user define attributes
>
> dn: cn=schema
[...]

With OpenLDAP schemas are written to cn=schema,cn=config, and the DN
contains a ordering quantifier and the schema name, like dn: cn={0}core
see
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/slapdconf2.html
Please note that X-ORDERED 'VALUES' syntax is used to create odering
quantifiers.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung