Re: 4.5Gb Slapcat after server error

matthew sporleder ha scritto:
On 11/28/06, JJ <jj@thecloud.org> wrote:
What I think is that there should be a kind of "circular" reference
because normally the backup is 23Mb, not >4.5GB.

Since slapcat's ldif is pretty human-readable, you should be able to manually verify what's going on. (use head/tail -somelines is 4.5GB is too big to view) This should give you a good idea of a path to figure out the changes between your last normal backup, and this huge one.

_Matt

Thanks Matt, I will split my big file into a smaller one with "split -b25m backup_file" in order to be able to edit them and check what is wrong.

Cheers
Julien